Cayman’s first Security BSides is an opportunity for you to present to your community and share your knowledge and expertise.
We are excited to talk to any individual with a passion for security that would like to speak about their experiences, ideas, insights or new concepts.
- 25 minute presentation +5 minute Q&A *
- 40 minute presentation +5 minute Q&A
- 1-3 hour workshop
- 3 or 6 Hour Training Sessions to 8 – 12 people
* This is our preferred duration for talks/presentations.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Cayman Islands DPL
- Cayman Islands Regulations
- Data Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR)
- Malware Analysis/Reverse Engineering
- Cybercrime Investigation
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability Research & Disclosure
- Network/Cloud/Endpoint Security
- Mobile/Portable Device Security
- IoT/Embedded Device Security
- Radio Hacking (SDR, RF, GSM, NFC, etc.)
- Application/Web Application Security
- Red/Blue/Purple Teaming
- Penetration Testing
- Social Engineering
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- SCADA/ICS/OT Security
- Security Automation
- Biometrics Hacking
- Open Source Security Tools
- Anything hacking
- Any other InfoSec area
We are accepting applications locally and from overseas, although local talent may be given a preference.
We will also consider virtual presentations.
Talk submissions will consist of:
- Title of your talk / training
- Abstract summarisation of your talk, or training proposal (up to 400 words)
- Short Bio (up to 150 words)
- Name or Nickname, to appear on Speakers List on our website and social media
- Twitter handle (if applicable), to appear on Speakers List on our website and social media.
- For Speakers – please include the Event name, talk details and any relevant links
- For Workshops, please include details of the workshops you have run before, and any relevant links
- For Trainers, please include details of your experience, and any relevant links
- Photo/Avatar, to appear on Speakers List on our website.
- Proposals for trainings will be treated slightly differently and trainers will be contacted directly to discuss.
- Submissions deemed to be a sales pitch of products/services, or PR marketing campaigns, will not be accepted,and the author may be excluded from consideration for future events (yeah, for realz).
- Employer logo may appear on two slides ONLY (intro and bio).
Candidates can manage their submission from 1st September 2021 at https://www.papercall.io/bsidesky22 up to the 17th January 2021, any questions to info |@| bsides |.| ky
All submissions will be rated, and the first round of acceptance notices will be issued thereafter, on 31st January 2022.
Accepted candidates must confirm acceptance on or before the 5th February 2022, after which time the panel will move down the acceptance list.
Credit to BSides Dublin for allowing us to plagiarise the majority of the above.